Lost & Found Ohio Galleries

Go Back to the Lost & Found Ohio Homepage HERE

Photos of paranormal investigations, cemeteries and abandoned places inside and outside the state of Ohio

The Buffalo Central Terminal opened to the public on June 22, 1929 and was open until the late 1970s. Built by the New York Central Railroad and designed by architects Alfred T. Fellheimer & Steward Wagner, the art deco style station was built to accommodate up to 3200 passengers per hour, or 200 trains per day. The complex consists of the main concourse, a 17 story office tower, a four story baggage building and two story mail building along Curtiss Street, and the now detached train concourse. The complex sits on a 17 acre site 2.5 miles east of downtown Buffalo. hundreds of thousands passed thru this terminal going about their daily lives while it was opened. Many lost and unfortunate souls, homeless and destitute lived in its nooks and crannies after it was left to rot derelict, several of them dead bodies were eventually hauled back out once restoration plans began. Some of them remain to this day.